Monday, March 30, 2009

My Radiator!

So I was driving along the road between Logan and Sardine Canyon, minding my own business, when I heard a strange POP! I didn't think too much of it until I looked out my rear window and saw smoke puffing from my car. I got kind of concerned thinking I probably hit a rock or skunk or something and it had knocked something big and important off my engine. I pulled off to the side of the road and pulled up my hood. Some sort of green liquid gushed out of the fender, out the bottom and was splashed all over the engine. I took a few pictures as evidence of this neon mess.
I later learned this beautiful green stuff is commonly known as "anti-freeze", the same substance that killed my little cat Bunny when I was 10.I called my buddy Jarett and he confirmed that it was definitely something awry with the radiator. I called CarSmart, a local fix-it shop but unfortunately it was closed! So I called an aquaintance Josh Turley from work who was so extremely nice and offered to come and pick me up. While I waited I enjoyed the surroundings.







Josh and his little brother Isaac picked me up with their truck and pulled me to Auto Zone where an employee there dumped water down my radiator to see if there was a leak. Well, the water gushed out of a 15 inch crack all along the bottom of the radiator. We pulled it to a shop and ditched it there for the weekend. Oh what a day!

6 comments:

  1. Poooooor Cooodeees! Hey, did you get a camera?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batman's a scientist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lime Kool-Aid! Yum Yum. I'm so glad your car is fixed now. Cars are necessary evils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. That scraggly tree is an AMAZING picture. Have you ever considered photography? You have a real skill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You named a cat Bunny?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Cole and her many radiators. When will it end- course this is before the update of the second radiator. :(

    ReplyDelete